Dating App Stats:If you are ready to try online dating for the first time, get ready to do your home work as you have a number of dating apps and sites to choose from. One estimate puts the number of dating sites and apps in the U.S. at 2,500, and the total number worldwide surpasses 5,000.
Pew Research has published the following in a recent Feb 2016 report:
- Today 15% of U.S. adults report they have used online dating sites or mobile dating apps.
- 1-in-5 18- to 24-year olds (22%) now report using mobile dating apps; in 2013, only 5% reported doing so.
- Two thirds of online daters–66%–tell us that they have gone on a date with someone they met through a dating site or dating app.
- Online dating sites and apps usage by 18- to 24-year-olds has increased nearly threefold since 2013, while usage by 55- to 64-year-olds has doubled
- Online dating use among 55- to 64-year-olds has also risen substantially since the last Pew Research Center survey on the topic. Today, 12% of 55- to 64-year-olds report ever using an online dating site or mobile dating app versus only 6% in 2013.
The average Tinder user spends 77 minutes per day on the app. –The Huffington Post
In 2014, 64 percent of Americans who were surveyed by Gallup were listed as single.
Apparently around 30-40 million people living in Canada and the U.S. have online dating accounts. The Blonde - 2016
A 2011 Leger Marketing survey found 36 per cent of Canadians between the ages of 18 and 34 use online dating. –Global News